Friday, November 12, 2004

NEWS FLASH -- 12 November 2004

Enough with the crazy parades, already! I was in my apartment minding my own business like a good Swiss person around 8:30 last night, and a marching band started doing its marching band thing around my block, finally settling in the square directly outside of my window, where they played until 11:15, playing such hits as "Que Sera Sera" and "New York, New York." They were decked out in Carnevale gear, inexplicably enhanced with CDs stuck all over them. They were about 30 members strong, and had learned to play their instruments, oh, last week, I would say, based on their skill, or lack thereof. Imagine your 5th grade marching band, drunk and seasick, playing two different pieces at once, and that's what it sounded like. Oh, the humanity...

No comments: